cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light on Hub 3

MT18
Joining in

Hi,

I have had a solid red light on my Hub 3 for several hours now, however the wifi is still working. Have spent hours on the phone to technical support and found them to be supremely unhelpful. 

I have tried unplugging at the mains, unplugging the cables, it is in a well ventilated spot and is cool to the touch. 

The phone team keep telling my Hub is 'perfect' but I am concerned that there may be a fault and am nervous about the safety of leaving it plugged in, especially overnight. 

They have agreed to send a technician but at a charge. 

Is there anything else I can do?!

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MT18 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community

I'll send you a PM now to assist further

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MT18 

Thanks for joining me on PM and confirming your details so I can book in the technician visit for the red light on the hub. The visit will be viewable shortly in your online account - virg.in/myVM - where you can cancel/amend if needed.
There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. (this is the way it should have been booked originally, not charged and then credited).
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment
Let us know how the visit goes and do also pop back if you ever need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks very much for your help!

Hi, I just need a bit of assistance with the technician visit you have kindly arranged. I have received confirmation they will come tomorrow but I am not available then. I have accepted an alternative date via private message (20 Feb midday-4pm) but no confirmation of this yet. A bit worried I will be charged if they do turn up tomorrow and I am not in...is a mod able to please respond and look into this? I can do the security checks if you pm me. Thanks!

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MT18 

Thanks for your message. Go off the time we agreed in the message 🙂 the SMS would be automated

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thank you!

Hey @MT18, thanks for getting back to us on the forums page. 🙂

I've had a look on my end and I can see the appointment has gone ahead.
May I ask how it went? Has everything been resolved? Is the connection much better? Has the red light disappeared?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

All sorted, thank you!

Hi @MT18 

Thanks for coming back to the thread with this update. I am delighted everything has been sorted.

Please do pop back to the Community if you ever need anything.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team