cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light on Hub 3.0

Jelly99
Joining in

Hi all,

New to the community, but long standing VM Broadband customer (since the days of NTL).

As the subject title says, I have a solid red light on the base LED which should be white.
I called tech support Friday who did the usual thing having me jump through hoops for them, all to no avail. In the end I was put through to a "Senior" tech who wanted to do nothing about it. I was told I could not have a replacement hub nor could i book an engineer to confirm and resolve the issue.

This can't be right! This forum is littered with these red light issues and every response is that the hub is faulty and needs to be replaced.

I was told by the senior tech that the light was not red - basicley calling me a liar or colour blind, I dont know which. He then said he had requested a firmware update and that would resolve the issue and if it didn't I could call back on Monday. This felt like a fob off and i didn't want to start all over again so he agreed to call me back himself 9.30am on Monday. Guess what - No call back.

So the question is where do I go from here? I'm hopeing somebody from the VM Team reads this and takes up the simple challenge of resolving this issue.

Like I said I've been a VM customer for a long time and over all happy with the service and support from other departments but unfortunately the tech support call centre are way off the mark.

Here's hopeing 

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jelly99,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Disappointed to hear that you've not received the help you were looking for when calling our team. You advised that your LED display is showing a red light on the hub.

Can we ask what hub you have? Also has this red light affected your services in any way?

We only ask, as remotely looking from our end, we have performed some basic diagnostic checks, and it is appearing that all your downstream and upstream levels are within specification, and you have no SNR issues is area faults affecting you which is good.

Can we ask if your hub is hot to touch? Also do you have the equipment in an open or enclosed space? 

Before we book a technicians visit, we would suggest trying a pin hole reset. You can follow the instructions here.

If you try this and the problem persist, please come back to us and we will gladly arrange for an engineers visit.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for the reply.

It's a Super Hub 3. The red light appeared after an outage in the area. No connection issues, speeds are fine. Quick check on WIFI was done but this was for one device only because I have this disabled and use a mesh network for WIFI. Pin hole reset and all other test/checks done to no avail. Hub is in router mode so the led should be white. When resetting or rebooting the hub the led stays red even with all lan ports disconnected so not an internal issue with devices.

Thanks.

Hi Jelly99

Thanks for posting and sorry for the delayed reply.

I shall PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Jelly99

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in. This can be tracked and also re-arranged if needed, in your online account

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment /The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill