cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light Router!

CompSciCraig
Joining in

Hi,

Im having a problem with my router, its now constantly showing a red light and often drops connections randomly. It is well ventilated and hasnt suffered any damage as far as I know, but is no longer performing adequately; It has been alternating between an orange light and red for a few  months and now shows only red while the wifi seems to be weak and unstable.  

It is a white hub3.0. I recently got a call from the virgin medias team about a new package and a new contract, however I cannot accept any new contracts until this is resolved with a new hub and I get reliable wifi again. I have previously contacted an agent through the chat within the help section, but not got very far. 

Any one here can help?

Greatly appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you rebooted the hub?

If you have & there is no change then VMs policy is to send a tech to replace the hub. Any hub showing an overheat warning is a potential fire risk & must be replaced.

I will escalate this to the Forum Team to get the ball rolling.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @CompSciCraig, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the red light on the hub 😞
May I ask if you've been able to take out all the cables connected, place them back in, reboot the hub and ensure it is in a well ventilated area?
Let us know and we will be able to go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ilyas thanks for the reply.

Apologies for the delay in responding.

The router has been restarted several times and wires reconnected etc it now restarts still showing the red light continuously.

As mentioned above, would a replacement be possible?

Thanks, 

Craig

Thanks for the update Craig, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into this.

Thanks

Rob