Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light, Hub 3

PoscoBurrows
Tuning in

Hi.

I've got the red light on my hub 3.

Tried turning it off 'n' on, still on.

Tried the reset with a pin in the hole, still on.

Doesn't feel any hotter.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PoscoBurrows 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of your concerns with the red light on your router. It is known that this can be just an LED error rather than any issues with the service or router itself. I know you have mentioned you have done a reboot and pin hole, but please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. 

Let us know what the LED light is after the 60 second pin hole reset has fully completed and we'll investigate further.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A faulty overheat warning on the Hub is a risk.  It should be replaced by VM.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PoscoBurrows 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of your concerns with the red light on your router. It is known that this can be just an LED error rather than any issues with the service or router itself. I know you have mentioned you have done a reboot and pin hole, but please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. 

Let us know what the LED light is after the 60 second pin hole reset has fully completed and we'll investigate further.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks, I'll try a 60 when I get home and report back. 

Hi, done 60 second reset.

Red light on, but looks slightly more towards amber now, but that might be just the light.

Any other ideas??

Posco.

Please can you try this for mePoscoBurrows:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible.

• Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.

Please report back with the result.

Rob

@PoscoBurrows wrote:

Hi, done 60 second reset.

Red light on, but looks slightly more towards amber now, but that might be just the light.

Any other ideas??

Posco.

In that case - if the light has failed / is failing; how would you know if the hub was overheating?

That'd be a fire risk - not something I'd want in my room...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lotharmat wrote:

<snip>

That'd be a fire risk - not something I'd want in my room...

VM are aware of that as well.  Generally they arrange a swap out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PoscoBurrows,

Thanks so much for checking for us. I'll pop you over a private message now so I can take your details and arrange for a replacement Hub. Please look out for the envelope for a message from me.

Thank you

Beth

Hi PoscoBurrows,

Thank you for supplying the requested details via PM.

I've now booked an engineer appointment for you - to view the appointment time slot or rearrange, please head over and sign into your My Virgin Media account here

There are a few things you need to be aware of for the visit. There may be a £25 charge if:

•    The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).

•    The fault is due to customer's own equipment.

•    The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.

•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

Otherwise, the appointment would be free of charge.

Please do let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else from us in the meantime. 😊

Kind regards

Beth