Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Red Light Constantly on Hub 3

Hi 

For around a month (or probably longer - only noticed it a month ago) the red light on my Hub 3 is always on. According to the manual this means the hub is over heating. 

• I have had intermittent connectivity to broadband, on several occasions sometimes for extended periods. I am not using the router for wifi so this is the modem not working properly. 
  • I have tried resetting and factory reset but this does not  fix the problem - the red light still comes on.
  • There router is in the open in our living room with plenty of space around it.
  • Reading other posts on this issue I believe that this could be a potential fire hazard and the router may need replacing.

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red Light Constantly on Hub 3

Are you in Router Mode or Modem Mode ?

If in Router Mode the red power light is an indication of over heating and most not be ignored.

Do not be fobbed off with "if it is cool it will be OK" or "Just blow a fan over it", this is dangerous advice.

When you go out or retire for the night ensure that the Hub is unplugged from the mains.

The only fix is a replacement Hub.

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red Light Constantly on Hub 3

Hi Mike,

Thank  you so much for your advice - really appreciated.

Just  did a bit of reading and I hadn't realised that the colour should be different in modem mode. Mine is in modem mode and when I put  it into Router Mode the light goes white. So I think that means everything is actually ok with the modem and the intermittent outages are unrelated.

Sorry - I am embarrassed I didn't check more thoroughly!

Thank  you again for your advice, you've saved me hours on the phone with support!