cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurrent problem with reliability of the wifi

Emanuele
Joining in

Hello people, I live in London SE18.

In the last few months I have experienced recurrent problems with the stability of the network and I find myself turning off/on the modem. Additionally I have a 1gbit contract, but my speed, although quote fast tends to drop below the minimum guaranteed quite often. Considering that soon my contract will switch to a full fee, I am not particularly impressed with the service. Is anyone living in the area or near by experiencing the same?

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Emanuele 

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Emanuele 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having unreliable WiFi. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. I have had a look into your hub data and everything seems in order. 

In this case, are you able to clarify if the problem is solely on wireless devices or on wired devices too? If so, you may find the following link useful https://virg.in/wifisos 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks people, let's say that at the moment everything looks like functioning properly although throughout we did have some "hiccups" which from a top tier service and subscription I wouldn't expect... Let's see when the contract expires how my mood will be 😂 thanks for the support though

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Emanuele,

Thanks for the update on this. I'm glad to hear things are looking all good. Please do let us know if you need anything else, and we'll do our best to assist further.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ