cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received new SIM but not requested

JamesinSaudi
Tuning in

I received a new SIM at my account address and have been asked to install and activate it on my phone. A deadline has been set for this. I am based in Saudi Arabia. If my family post me the SIM to Saudi Arabia, will the SIM work if I attempt to activate it in another country? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The SIM will need to be activated in the UK and then sent to you.

Unfortunately this will mean that your current SIM will stop working once the new SIM is activated.

This new SIM is part of changes need to complete the move of Virgin Mobile from using the EE radio network to the Vodafone radio network in the UK.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The SIM will need to be activated in the UK and then sent to you.

Unfortunately this will mean that your current SIM will stop working once the new SIM is activated.

This new SIM is part of changes need to complete the move of Virgin Mobile from using the EE radio network to the Vodafone radio network in the UK.

Tanks. Will this work? I ask my family to put the SIM in his phone, activate it and then post to me? Is this a good solution? 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes that will work but you won't get mobile calls, SMS messages or data after they do that until you can put the new SIM into your device.

WiFi and IP based services like WhatsApp etc will continue to work.