Menu
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Rebooting router

Hi since Thursday (22/04/21) I'm having to turn the router on and off everyday sometimes 2x a day not sure what's happening to the router is it the VM Pods that's causing problems as these are flashing green or white all the time when there's a problem with router.

I literally have to disconnect every ethernet cable (4) from the hub.

Can someone advise me on what to do 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rebooting router

IF you unplug the pods and switch them off what is the connection like with just the hub - on ethernet cable connections as well as wifi ones. What is the Hub base light showing?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator

It's no better as had them off all day today the hub shows the normal light wifi signal was terrible as well as the ethernet connection. 

Last resort I've turned on guest network turned the VM Pods on and they are working as should be ethernets back to normal along with wifi (other than having 6 SSIDs in the house now two for the guest and the rest the normal one

Will see how long it takes to fail

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hello martinlburke

Sorry to hear this is happening 

How are things looking now 

I can see the Hub has been up for 2 days which indicates its looking okay and you haven't had to reboot it 

Can you let me know how things are please 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator

At the moment it appears to be fine not getting the full speed I am paying for getting about 230 used to get 340.

Saturdays or Sundays are the worst days for the Internet to fail

I've put a monitor on the external ip address and if anything happens I'll let know fingers crossed 🤞nothing happens

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@martinlburke wrote:

At the moment it appears to be fine not getting the full speed I am paying for getting about 230 used to get 340.

Saturdays or Sundays are the worst days for the Internet to fail

I've put a monitor on the external ip address and if anything happens I'll let know fingers crossed 🤞nothing happens

You need to speedtest with a wired connection to ascertain you're getting your contractual "paid for" speeds - wireless speeds do not form part of this.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update martinlburke

Glad to hear its not as bad 

Please keep us posted though how things are over the next 48 hours 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator

That is tested using hard wired. I'm not that stupid. And my WiFi is about the same tbh depending on which WiFi device I use obviously as 5ghz is faster than 2.4ghz

0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

It's being monitored 24/7 using thinkbroadband site monitoring 

Speed was as below

Screenshot_20210427-185627_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Post the link back to the Share BQM.

And I assume you’re testing wired direct to the hub and not via one of the pods?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos