cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot router from abroad

dhybrid
Tuning in

Hi, I am currently abroad and my WIFI is playing up and my alarm and security cameras are offline.

Internet is online as some devices using LAN do work.

I do not have remote access enabled.

Is it possible for Virgin media staff to enable remote access for me, or failing that try rebooting the hub?

Many thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
I don't think they will enable remote access - you could have done this before you left (but it is really not a sensible idea)

I believe the hub 3 can be rebooted remotely using the 'Connect App' but I think you need to be near it initially to set up the app!

VM can certainly reboot the hub - I'd give them a call on +44 345 454 1111

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks for the help, do staff frequent these forums? Its easier for me to do this via this medium rather than calling in.

They do - it can take a while though! - a day or so!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@dhybrid wrote:

Hi, I am currently abroad and my WIFI is playing up and my alarm and security cameras are offline.

It was playing up before you left when you get back go get a better wireless router and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Actually no, it worked fine for many years before I left. But yes, I agree that if it keeps doing it I will replace it.

Hello dhybrid

Thanks for taking the time to raise your query regarding the broadband issues and rebooting your Hub, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Has the issue improved or have you been able to reboot the Hub since your message? I've not been able to located your account based off of the information available to me but if this is something you still require assistance with let me know and I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Rob

Thanks for your Private Message dhybrid, I'm responding via the public section of the forum as we aren't able to set up remote access for you as this isn't a feature we offer. I will respond to your Private Message to get some more details from you.

Rob

That may be caused by the area issues, if you are still having issues when you're back in the UK let us know and we'll be happy to look at this for you again.

Rob