cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really poor fault experience…

Mr-R
On our wavelength

I’m part of a Virgin Media trial for FTTP in West Yorkshire however the decision has been taken to close the support forum as one assumes, they’re happy with the results and are moving it into BAU.

I’m without broadband tonight. Done all the resets to see if I can bring my hub back to life and the answer is no. 

What’s really annoying me though is not the outage but the experience of trying to get support from Virgin. 

DownDetector tells me there’s a lot of unhappy Virgin customers tonight. The Virgin Media app tells me all looks good in my area.

If I disagree with their verdict and say “I have a problem”, I’m told to reset my hub (already done) and then my only other avenue is run a test on my kit (where I get a blank white page) and nothing else. 

Checking the URL shows there’s an api error but the page would happily have you sat there waiting and waiting. 

So the only other suggestion is to tell you guys about it. Not that any of you work for Virgin Media faults. 

I think the point of my post is firstly how disappointed I am you’ve taken away the trial support, secondly that there’s clearly an issue that you’re not acknowledging and thirdly, how much effort it seems to take to try and get this on your radar. Hopefully it’s me and everyone else has a much easier journey.

I compare this to BT who allow you to run diagnostics and log faults via the app or on a browser (if you’d rather not phone). Or if you do want to speak to them, you can log faults via their IVR or a person.

Virgin Media seems like night and day at the moment. I joined this trial fully expecting Virgin Media FTTP to be the future but now, I’m more than happy to go back to my gfast and wait for Openreach to bring FTTP to the area. 

So fault isn’t reported, I’m working on the theory Virgin keep an eye on down detector so should hopefully be working on this in the background. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Our service has just resumed Mr-R. Hope yours has too.

Regards

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should setup a BQM if you have not already?

Seems to be an outage somewhere, my BQM (belfast area) is not good at the moment.

VM_Glitch.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Keltosh
Dialled in

We are experiencing the same issues as you Mr-R.

Trial area 14 BD20.

The internet disconnected about 20:30 tonight tried resetting the hub but blue light flashing.

Virgin systems indicating everything is fine. !!!

Mr-R
On our wavelength

My service is still out this morning. 

A reset hasn't fixed it...

A statement from Virgin would be helpful right about now. 

The situation hasn’t changed since last night Mr-R although I’m  sure Virgin have now logged the fault.

No timescale on a resolution yet.

Mr-R
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply Keltosh

I've just been told that the local Facebook group is full of posts around the Virgin Media issues. 

I think to re-iterate my point. I've no issue with the service going down. No provider can offer a fault free service. 

Its the lack of comms that's really bothered me. 

The online checker (and the telephone number someone provided in a different post) being adamant all is OK.

I'm fine with bad news, if Virgin could say yes there is an issue, we're aware of it and we're working on it then that would be enough for me.

Our service has just resumed Mr-R. Hope yours has too.

Regards

Mr-R
On our wavelength

It seems to be back on now. 👍

Hi Mr-R, 

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear about the issue you had with your service. 

We're glad to hear this now all seems to be working for you. 

^Martin