cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: hub 5 - keeps disconnecting

Lcheetham91
Tuning in

I am having the same issue, I can't stream anything without it dropping out, playing PS5 on a wired connection is the same for the past few days I have even had to use my phone as a hotspot just to be able to work from home and watch things on Netflix. I'm tempted to set the hub 3 up again as that had no issues.

18 REPLIES 18

The downstream power levels are too low.

Is there an attenuator fitted to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I am not sure what one of those are, all I know is the hub 3 worked fine and now this one has issues

As I thought PostRS errors have just been rising constantly. Hopefully I can get an engineer to visit to sort this out! Hopefully someone from Virgin Media sees this post and sets up the visit for me

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You are effectively beta-testing a piece of new VM hardware/firmware. If you dont want to be doing tha...t call in and tell them the Hub5 is not fit for your purpose and you want the Hub3 reactivating (if you still have it) or replaced with another Hub3

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I have a technician coming out on Wednesday as VM can see performance issues that need rectifying. On the promotional email I received there was no mention of it being part of testing for the hub just that I could upgrade my hub but thanks for letting me know and if the technician can't sort it I will be requesting another hub 3.

@Lcheetham91 wrote:

Snip…

On the promotional email I received there was no mention of it being part of testing for the hub just that I could upgrade my hub but thanks for letting me know and if the technician can't sort it I will be requesting another hub 3.

Of course there wasn’t any mention of it, which actually puts VM is a slightly dubious position legally, and no you won’t be requesting a Hub 3 you will be demanding one and if they don’t sort it to your satisfaction then you will be escalating the complaint to the industry regulator.

Hi Lcheetham91, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your connection since upgrading to the Hub 5. 

I can see you've mentioned you had an engineer visit, how did this go? 

Are you still having issues?

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

The engineer determined that the main issues were due to faults at the 'slot box' and the cable from that box to my property.

The slot box issue has been resolved but I need to wait 2 weeks for a new cable to be laid as it's underground.

There are still a few issues due to this cable but it is running a lot better since the slot box was fixed. Just have to wait for the cable now.

Thanks

Hi Lcheetham91, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. We're glad to hear that things are a little better for you. 

Keep us posted on how the new cable goes and if you need any further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs