cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wifi Visible but not working

bethanygourla
Joining in

Hiya it’s the wifi box that is flashing the arrows. my phone and laptop are connecting to the wifi but are not actually able to do anything that required wifi like loading web pages. it was installed a few weeks ago but has been activated. the flashing arrows are on the hub. the arrows are green and it is the 3.0

4 REPLIES 4

bethanygourla
Joining in

My wifi is letting my devices connect but then not actually working when i go to load videos or anything at all. It’s showing there wifi signal on the actual wifi box and then flashing arrows. please help im trying to study and the stress is not helping hah 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bethanygourla 

Are you just talking about the VM TV set top box playing catch up, on demand, or apps?

Or is live TV not working?

Or everything that connects to the internet now working?

Is this a new installation?

Are the flashing arrows on the TV set top box, or on the hub?

If on the hub wwhat colour are they and which hub do you have?

If it's a new install have you called  0800 953 9500 to activate the equipment?

You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @bethanygourla 

I've moved your thread to the networking and wifi forum so the more knowledgable users here can help

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

You could also try rebooting the hub3.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bethanygourla,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues connecting your devices to your home network!

After looking into our systems a little further, I can see that your power levels are out of spec and could be responsible for your ongoing issue. I can see that you've already spoken to one of our team members and have arranged for a technician appointment. 

Please keep us updated on how you get on at the appointment and if you need any further help. We're happy to assist further if needed.

Thank you. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs