cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wi-fi disconnects - new Hub 5 and one "pod"

leehambrook
Tuning in

Hey, I’m experiencing what sounds like a similar issue!

Can I ask, do you have anything like a Hive Hub or a CCTV dvr connected via Ethernet? I was advised this may be causing my issues. Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

sadwkh
Joining in

I have nest cameras. Trust me its the hub. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @leehambrook 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Please make your own thread in future 🙂 I have moved it in this instance for you.

I am sorry to hear of any issues you're experiencing.

I have done a system check and no area issues/outages are showing. 

I have therefore checked all the levels and whilst they're in spec, they're slightly high. Can you make sure all connections are finger tight please and then can you post your Hub status and logs? How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode), 
• Don't log in, click on 'router status' 
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.
Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum 🙂
You've also got more than 1 Pod as well, you are following the below right; 

• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
• Channel Optimisation must be left on
• The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
• The SSID must be password protected
• The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you, on doing some trouble shooting the issue for me is that a number of devices cannot connect or lose their assigned ip address previously assigned. This then often returns an ip address starting with 169.254 instead of 192.168.

I have a DVR connected via an Ethernet cable to allow me to access CCTV cameras when away from my home. If I remove this Ethernet cable it resolves my issue.

I never had this issue with my previous hub 4 only since moving to the hub 5.

Any help will be much appreciated! 

Thanks!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the DVR have a DHCP server? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI a 169.254.xxx.xxx address means that the station cannot find a DHCP server and assigned itself that IP address.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2