cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Slow WiFi on iPhone

Hjsurk
Tuning in

Hello,

I've got the same issue since switching to Virgin Media with a Hub 3.
My partner has an iPhone Xs and recently we bought the latest iPad Air, but both devices experience slow speeds on WiFi.
I, on the other hand, am not experiencing any issues on other WiFi-connected devices such as the Google Pixel 5 (Android).

Resetting the Hub 3 or devices makes no difference and my Hub 3 is already using WPA2 only.

Hope to hear about a solution towards this problem. Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks for coming back to us @Hjsurk, do you experience any slow service when the devices are connected to the 2.4GHz band?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Sadly I have the same result on the devices on both bands.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What speeds are you getting from the Hub 3?   Apple say the following are the maximum theoretical speeds possible for the iPhone X

ac@5 GHz 866 Mbps
a/n@5 GHz 300 Mbps
b/g/n@2.4 GHz 144 Mbps

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Solved by getting a premium Asus RT-AX88U router and changing the Hub 3 to modem mode. Shows again how bad most providers devices are.

Thanks for your post and update, Hjsurk,

Glad to hear that setting the hub in modem mode with a router helped.

Cheers,

Corey C

ms2800
Joining in

i am having the same problem in the last few weeks various ipads and iphones are loading very slowly.

have been using the same equipment ( virgin hub etc) for 2 years without problems.

only in the last few weeks has the problem developed

this happens whether its one device connected or lots

speed check shows no problem with download speed

could there be an issue between Apples increased privacy and Virgins routers?

Sorry to hear that ms2800, have you updated the devices to the latest version of iOS recently? 

Rob