cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pausing devices

Ewan555
Tuning in

I'm also having this problem with the connect app.  Used to work fine but now unable to pause anything. Just get dancing dots. Have tried everything but no joy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

webster74
Dialled in

See above comment from the forum member.

Known issue apparently, nice of them to inform their customers.  Considering it’s been at least a month without this function I don’t think it’s high up on their priority list.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

webster74
Dialled in

See above comment from the forum member.

Known issue apparently, nice of them to inform their customers.  Considering it’s been at least a month without this function I don’t think it’s high up on their priority list.

cdonatti
Joining in

Same problem. Tried loading app on different phone, rebooting and doesn't seem to work anymore 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ewan555, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with using the pause and un-pause feature. Some devices may take longer than others to pause and un-pause. We are constantly working on updates to make the app work faster, and appreciate your patience.

In terms of the issue with the two bouncing dots. Can you try clearing the data for the app to see if this helps? You can do this by following these steps: Settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage - clear the cache. If that doesn't help click the clear all data option and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I must be lucky because i can pause devices and it's working well on a hub 5

Have tried all this. Also deleted app and reinstalled. Nothing works.

This app used to work fine. Obviously an update or something you've done at your end. Half the time the app slso says my hub and booster aren't connected when they are. Please rectify this asap.

It's extremely frustrating when it was working fine.

Can you please explain how to do this through my iPhone or iPad?  I don’t have a computer in which to carry out this procedure.

Thank you.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Just to make sure the right advice is given, webster74 - are you asking how to pause the devices? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

No, I’m asking why I’m no longer able to pause devices.  This function no longer appears to work.  Just one of a number of issues I’m having with Virgin’s broadband service at the moment.

Hi webster74,

Thank you for your post. 

What happens when select to pause a device?

^Martin