cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hub 4 keeps resetting wi fi defaults

kuttssam
Tuning in

I have a hub4 for at least 2 months and my issue is that only 2.4 gz keeps resetting the settings. 5gz works without any issues. Before you ask there are a number of IOT which only work with 2.4gz. 

Could someone help me please. It will be good to know the experiences of people who had similar issues as well. Personally I don't think it is hardware!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jhuk
Trouble shooter

If you never recently Opted-Out then VM's newish Intelligent WIFI will change your WIFI setting back to default SSID (not split) and other settings like Auto Channel/Optimise etc but I would not have thought it would reset to default Passwords

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @kuttssam

When you say it's resetting, and then only resetting the 2.4Ghz band, is this when the hub is resetting itself, like the other posters within this thread have stated, or is this when you perform a pin hole reset manually?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

This happens on its own. What I meant - if I have changed the ID for the 2.4Gz to ensure all the products which can only connect via 2.4Gz can connect to the same old SSID instead of me trying to change it on all IOT devices, it will change it back on an average once a week. This is a pain as it automatically resets back to the VM12345 type SSID and all my devices start searching! I have to then go via Hub4 settings then Wireless -> Security -> change the 2.4Gz SSID and the password and click Apply. This will work for the next 5 days or so and again go back. 

I have also tried to manually reset everything and change SSID for both 2.4 and 5Gz and only the 2.4Gz seems to reset. Hope this makes sense.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

If you never recently Opted-Out then VM's newish Intelligent WIFI will change your WIFI setting back to default SSID (not split) and other settings like Auto Channel/Optimise etc but I would not have thought it would reset to default Passwords

@jhuk I will try that and see if that works for me. This is getting beyond annoying now.

So after stopping intelligent WiFi from changing channels it has stopped resetting SSID and PWD. However now the internet speed is ridiculous while trying video calls on laptop for office. Ergh!

Hi kuttssam,

Great to hear you've been able to solve the issue of the hub resetting.

I'm sorry to see the speeds have been an issue, I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, I've been through a few checks and a few of the hubs levels are out of specification. 

It's something I'll need to arrange an engineer for, before I can I just need a few more details from you. I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Thanks very much for sending your details over via private message.

I've arranged the engineer visit for you, you'll be able to view the time/ date via your online account here

Alex_Rm

I am not able to view the information. Could you email me the information so at least I will ensure I am at home.

Hi kuttssam, 

Apologies we're not able to give the information via the Community. 

You will need to sign in to your My VM account to view the engineer appointment. As well as this, the account holder will usually receive a text message with the engineer appointment details 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs