cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hub 3 constant red light

Rossiain
Tuning in

Hi, same issue. Red light constantly on, even when left off for hours and turned back on it goes straight to red. Please can someone at VM message me to arrange an engineer visit. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t coattail on very old posts, raise your own, otherwise it is easily missed. As the original post has been marked as a ‘helpful answer’ it would probably not be viewed again by VM.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Noted, not posted before. I'll start a new thread

Exactly the same problem here in the L21 area. Red light constantly on. Started happening today. Haven't noticed any issues though, through 3 computers hardwired to the Hub 3 router. WI-FI also seems OK, but haven't fully tested this yet.

Mack

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rossiain

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with the Hub.

If you could kindly try the below that would be appreciated.

If the light remains red after doing so, please pop back to us here and we can arrange for the hub to be replaced for you.

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub. 

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight. 

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally. 

If after following the above steps the router doesn't boot back up after a few minutes, or the red light returns when it does, then the router will need replacing. 

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @mackerbootle

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are also having an issue with the hub where the red light is on constantly.

Please try the below. If this doesn't resolve things, please let us know and we can arrange for a replacement hub for you.

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub. 

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight. 

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally. 

If after following the above steps the router doesn't boot back up after a few minutes, or the red light returns when it does, then the router will need replacing. 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

I've already done all those things multiple times. I've just done another test using your online tester, and it is showing as WI-FI interference for all devices, however the HUB 3 is hard-wire connected to 3 computers and I also have a phone and firestick connected using WI-FI. As I mentioned, it all seems to be working and the router is only a little bit warm and well ventilated. Download speeds of 110mb and upload speeds of 9mb.

I find it very strange that this red light issue constantly being on is being reported multiple times over the past few weeks by many of your customers using the HUB 3 which makes me think this is an issue at your end and not related to any specific faults with the router itself. It only started happening here 2 days ago.

If it is a mass fault suddenly affecting all these HUB 3 routers, can you send me a replacement? I don't need an engineer visit as I know how to do this myself with doing it on previous occasions when a new router needs installing.

Cheers,

Pete (Mack)

Hey mackerbootle, thank you for confirming this.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look at getting this replaced for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope.

Unfortunately right now we can only send a tech down to replace the hub. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Vikki, our hub has been replaced and all working now.  Speaking with the engineer this is fairly common - once the hub displays a red light for whatever reason it cannot reset the light to white even though it might be working normally again.

All the best.

Hey Rossiain, thank you for reaching and confirming this to us.

Please do reach out if you ever need anything again in the near future. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?