cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hub 3 Red Light

Finn-a
Joining in

I too have the same issue tonight. I have a red light on my hub 3 and have phoned customer services about this. I too am very concerned that a red light is not appropriate and suggests a big issue.  I have tried resetting and turning the hub off and on with no luck. Our box is constantly in a ventilated space. Customer services suggested it may be because there could be an intermittent fault in the area. I have never seen a red light on my hub before for such an Issue and am very concerned about this. Please could you suggest what we can do. 

6 REPLIES 6

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Finn-a,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear there is a red light on the hub. This is the over heating indicator and so we always advise keeping the hub out in the open.

I appreciate it is in a ventilated space and you have tried a reset so I will need to arrange for a technician to come out and get this replaced since the issue persists.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my PM so we can confirm some details first.

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @Finn-a
I've booked a technician for you to come out and get the hub replaced. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for this. I have logged into my online account but can’t see where to find our appointment. Could you give me some instructions for location of time/date? 
thanks 

Sorry just had a text with our appointment time - all great thanks. 

Superb technician. Arrived - straight away said needed new hub and replaced it. She persevered with getting new one set up and all working brilliantly now. Thanks 😀

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's the news we love to hear Finn-a 

Welcome back to the community!

I'm glad that is now sorted for you, if you do have any further queries/issues then pop back up to us and we'll advise further.

All the best,

Kain