Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to Improve your WiFi Signal and order boosters with Connect App?

I am on the verge of throwing the whole Virgin  experience in the bin with sheer frustration. 

I was promised when I signed up the booster would be free because in the past  the wi fi was poor however now the hub had been improved.

After setting it up all my devices upstairs stopped working and I'm using mobile data because the signal is patchy and as soon as I switch to mobile my emails start coming through and  social media updates.

My Alexa is on strike and you tube just keeps buffering.

I contacted VM three times and after holding on for over an hour I got cut off.

On the third occasion I got through and was told I would have to pay despite having the maxit package which entities me a free booster and then I was cut off again.

I am a key worker and do not have the time to keep chasing VM.

The app keeps telling me there is an error and am told to phone in.

Please help me to solve my dilemma.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to Improve your WiFi Signal and order boosters with Connect App?

Welcome to the Trials & Tribulations of Wi-Fi

VM do not and never have guaranteed Wi-Fi speed or coverage.

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something, somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

If you remove all the internal walls, water, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from an ISP Hub.

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Mirrors, furniture, fish tanks, people, radiators, walls (some more than others), cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020