Menu
zacklindsay556
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Randomly disconnecting wifi

We have recently got the virgin media wifi, but for some reason it keeps randomly cutting out, The wifi broadcast its self is up but the connection provides no wifi, I have tried factory resetting superhub 3.0 but nothing changes, I do believe this may be a problem with the area as it used to happen on the old wifi also, any suggestions would be a help, thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
robmclarensmith
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Randomly disconnecting wifi

When it cuts out, is it just the wifi device, or do the lights on SH3 change too?

Given you say it has happened on your old wifi, it could be down to wireless interference.
Usually the SH3 are intelligent and adjust themselves.

You can get wifi analyser apps which find the optimum wifi channel to use.
You would want to use either channel 1, 6, or 11 if you did change it.

Virgin have a guide here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-changing-your-hubs-wireless-channel

I would also look at the placement of your SH3.
Wireless interference can be caused devices TVs, baby monitors, Microwaves, Fairy lights, PIR sensors.
So ensure the SH3 is not placed directly next to one. Also if the device is covered (e.g. on a bookshelf) this can impact wifi.

Is it all devices or just the one? If only the one it could be down to the device - e.g. driver update required.

0 Kudos
zacklindsay556
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've looked at the best channels and it is already set to the best one, and no it's not just on one device it seems to go out on all devices now and again. it's not placed by any tv or anything. 

The SH3, when the devices say that it is connected but there is no internet it has the green flashing wifi light.

and the old router that we had was in a different place to this one now still was doing the same thing. 

0 Kudos
zacklindsay556
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also did not mean to mark as has been answered.

0 Kudos