cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random dropouts for a few seconds at a time - SYNC Timing Synchronization failure

Cocopopsonfire
Joining in

Started having random drop outs that last a few seconds and slow performance today and decided to check router logs and every dropout would show the following in the log:

25/10/2021 22:55:33criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
25/10/2021 22:55:17Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
25/10/2021 22:55:14criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Any Idea on how to fix this? its critical for my work as i work entirely from home and i have a large project deadline upcoming, so need it fixed asap

I've done the usual, reset all devices, gave it a few hours, checked for service downtime. seems to be entirely between my hub and the cabinet and started almost randomly today

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Those are serious errors, but severity depends on how often they occur and conjunction with other indicators.  Usually it is a simple fix once you get a technician on site.  You can try phoning it in, but the telephone support doesn't have  good reputation, whereas the forum staff are friendly and UK based, so I'd stick with the forum if I were you. 

Can you post up the complete network log, and (from the same place) the full set of Downstream and Upstream stats?  When copying these, they extend down below the immediately visible window - select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Downstream in separate posts to avoid a character limit.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

Seems to have cleared up this morning, will update if it happens again

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cocopopsonfire,

Thank you for your post.

I have located your account and can see there are some issues with your power levels that require a tech. I can arrange this for you and will pop you over a PM.

Just keep your eyes open for a purple envelope

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cocopopsonfire,

Thank you for messaging with me, glad we could get an engineer booked in.

Please keep us posted with how you get on. If you want to reschedule or view your appointment time you can do so here, under the Help tab then "Orders and Appointments"

Zoie