cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Ping spikes

billyg051
On our wavelength

4A7BCA53-B810-4C40-857A-3D44374B5DD4.png

Hi, if you look at my thinkbroadband graph you can see my internet goes nuts. The ping is all over the place and the internet becomes unusable. A reboot normally fixes this but it happens every couple of weeks now. Anyone know how to stop this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey billyg051,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection. I have looked into this and can see that there are issues with your downstream channels that seem to be causing these issues, which will need a technician visit to resolve. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey billyg051,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection. I have looked into this and can see that there are issues with your downstream channels that seem to be causing these issues, which will need a technician visit to resolve. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @billyg051

I have arranged a technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi,

can i pick a day for the technician to come out?

Hi @billyg051 

If the time/date is not suitable for you, you can look to reschedule via your my virgin media online account, or continue the private message you and my colleague have open to arrange a better time and date. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley