Menu
AidyM
Tuning in
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rally call to Leeds/York/Wetherby broadband users

Thanks for the info! I'm currently composing an email to Karen Walker (Customer Services Director). Karen proudly put her name to an email I received earlier this month telling me what a great job VM are doing and that my bill would be going up £3.50/month as a result!

Like others in this thread I also work from home, and as a result of this outage I am now having to commute to the office in Stevenage and provide childcare for my daughter while I'm away, all of which I am having to pay for.

0 Kudos
lordwoody
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rally call to Leeds/York/Wetherby broadband users

I'd personally be contacting the CEO of Virgin Media, rather than a lower down manager or director, the CEO's usually have particularly proactive service teams around them. The 3 or 4 times I've contacted CEO's I've been contacted very quickly, certainly within 24 hours and in one case within about 15 minutes. Barclays also sent me a large hamper of food and drink as an apology. If you're having significant costs and disruption I'd personally be buying a mifi set up with an unlimited data SIM as a temporary fix, it must cost less than childcare and train fares surely? I believe 3 do a very good unlimited data package.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-Unlocked-Networks-Configuration-Required/dp/B00INXBWDU/ref=sr_1_9?ke...

lutz.schueler@virginmedia.co.uk
0 Kudos