cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RED power light hub 3

Jules65
Joining in

My hub 3 has a Red power light. It isn’t covered 

have tried turning it off and leaving it, but comes back on with a red light. 
when I phoned I was told it was ok but reading on here seems that I need an engineer or a new hub as it is a sign of overheating- advise - help pkease

15 REPLIES 15

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jules45

I have scheduled an engineer visit for you to take a look at your Hub, as I am concerned it may be an overheating issue.

I will send you a private message now with the details of your engineer visit and to confirm your address.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Best wishes,

Serena

I have had the same experience, once I finally got through to a human they said it doesn't necessarily mean it is overheating, it could be an intermittent instability problem. I have been told to wait and see. Just hope it doesn't blow up!

That is unacceptable!

You wouldn't tolerate the engine -overheating light on your car! - Even if it is a false positive it needs to be replaced as a health and safety issue! - The overheating light is there for a reason - or it wouldn't need one!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Unfortunately they have pretty much a monopoly on high speed broadband so their customer service doesn't need to be good. No BT where I live.

Call them up again - ask if they can guarantee that a hub with an overheating light on will not catch fire! (they can't) 

Ask them if they are willing to pay for any reparations of said hub burns your house down!

Best and quickest way to do this is to call the 150 (or 0345 454 1111) number and say you are thinking of leaving!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hello Lipthog

It's really disappointing to hear of both the Hub issues and the support received when contacting the team to raise this, that's clearly not the level of service or care we aim to provide. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of this via the forums.

Is the light still on the Hub now? I've checked the connection and equipment from our side and it all seems to be okay but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem and as lotharmat has advised this needs looking into. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details and arrange a visit.

Rob