cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RED light Hub 3.0

On our wavelength

Hi

My Hub 3.0 white/yellow light has turned orange/red.

my hub is in an open well ventilated area and has not been moved.

I have done turn it off and on a view times.

I've done the pin hole reset too.

My wifi intermittently keeps dropping its signal.

Clearly something has changed ! what to do ?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yo are very welcome 90110

Can you please let me know how the visit goes 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello 90110

Sorry to hear about the hub 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello 90110

Thanks for those details 

All is okay signa, wise so It will need the Hub replacing 

I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available to do this
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Gareth_L

On our wavelength

Hi many thanks for the quick response !

Yo are very welcome 90110

Gareth_L

On our wavelength

Hi an update regarding our Red light on hub3 you requested.

The engineer came promptly on the 15th oct and diagnosed the red light indicated a firmware update fail additionally also detected a poor broadband strength, he did a external check from the main junction box and said our issues were due to a faulty cable from the junction box down the road to our house.

He then ordered a re-pull to replace our cable on the 28th Oct.

No one turned up on the 28th at the end of the day we received a text to say they were not coming till the 11th Nov.

No one turned up on the 11th i chased this via whats app and then received a text to say they now are not going to come till the 25th Nov !

This now means we will be expected to endure a slow to intermittent to no broadband for a homeworking household for about 6 weeks.

I think you would agree this cant be right ?

thanks

Ian

Terribly sorry to hear of this issue @90110, can you please tell me what you were advised over WhatsApp?

There is a possibility that the re-pull is/has been delayed due to a permit being required from the owner of the land (in most cases this is your local council) where the work needs to be performed

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

On our wavelength

Hi on what's app I reported them not turning up and no communication and just received a text later on to say they were coming at the end of the month to do the repull.

From what I can make out from forum chat the cable repull is a separate issue from the red light on the hub and this is even more of an issue as can indicate an overheating safety issue , which the engineer should have replaced on the initial visit ?

Hi 90110,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are really sorry the technicians haven't come to do the re-pull we appreciate the frustration and apologise for any inconvenience this is causing you, a Red light can indeed indicate overheating and a almost orange light which can resemble Red can be as advised by the Technician the firmware.

I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues at all in fact everything is showing green, in regards to the Red/ Orange light if this is still the case can you try a pin reset on the Router just to rule out a software issue, first check all the internal connections are hand tight then push a pin/ paper clip in the back of the Router where it says reset, push in until you feel it press then hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after and allow 15 Minutes to settle afterwards?

If the light is caused by the firmware the reset will correct this.

Regards

Paul.