cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RED LIGHT

doh705
Joining in

THE GREEN LIGHT HAS TURNED RED AND HAS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR A FEW WEEKS.

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Red light is overheat warning.  Is the Hub hot ?  Do a pinhole reset and if the light remains red, you need to press VM for a replacement Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it? If the Hub3 then the base light ought to have been white or yellowy white - not green, when working normally.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Kind of vague OP, what model HUB as RED is overheating on the 3 but not on the 4?

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @doh705,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having at the moment with your hub, I have checked our system and can see that you currently have a hub 3 and red light means over heating, we would need to replace your hub via technician visit.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @doh705

I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L