Menu
Highlighted
kevers2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

REALLY NOT HAPPY!!!

Really hoping someone from virgin can help me, because if not I'm disconnecting today.

I was mis-sold my package - I was promised all activation & connection fees would be waived by the door step seller (that was the only reason I signed up). Even have that written on my contract.  Surprise surprise, my first bill was taken INCLUDING the fees that weren't supposed to be there.  And I have been fighting to get my £120 back ever since.  I'm now going through trading standards.

I have also had awful service from the start.  I'm a gamer and suffer from the same lag, latency and ping spikes that everyone with the crappy Superhub 3 gets.

Anyway, last week my Hub 3 got ridiculously hot, sparked and died.  I rang Virgin and was promised an engineer the next day, so I closed my shop and waited at home.  Guess what??  No engineer.

Rang virgin again - said they would post a hub 3, next day delivery.  Guess what??  Nothing arrived.

I run part of my business from home, so I'm losing money with no internet.  So in desperation I got my old hub 2 out - and have now spent 2 full days on the phone speaking to agent after agent trying to get the Mac address activated.

One of them said they'd only been there a week and asked me if I knew how to do it!!

Another one said it could only be done by putting in a request to the IT department which would take 4 - 7 days, but the next person said there was no IT department.

I do networking myself.  I use my own Asus RT-AC88U router, and the hub in modem mode.  I'm not an idiot.  I know they can connect my old hub 2. 

I'm currently out of contract with you, and willing to sign up for another 12 months, but only if this hub 2 gets connected TODAY.  I've never had any problems with my hub 2, I've had 3 hub 3's and all have been awful.  I do not want another one.

Everyone knows the Hub 3 has problems with the Puma 6 chip, even your own engineers have told me how bad it is.  So please, please just connect my hub 2, I NEED to get work done tonight or I will lose hundreds of pounds.

If this doesn't get resolved today I will be leaving.  I will also take my story, along with every recorded phone call over the last year and going to Watchdog, trading standards and everywhere else that will listen.  It's not just me having these problems and people don't deserve to be treated like this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: REALLY NOT HAPPY!!!

Hi kevers2000, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had in getting the promised credits applied, I can appreciate this is frustrating.

I'll need to take a closer look at your account so I'm going to pop you over a PM, keep an eye our for the little purple envelope in the top right hand corner!

I can then look into your broadband issues as well.

Many thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
kevers2000
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will keep an eye out for the PM

This is the last resort for me, I need this sorted tonight cos I have work to do for a customer.  I'll lose hundreds of pounds if I don't get my hub 2 connected tonight.

I was also promised a phone call back today from a manager, within an hour of my call.  That was an hour and a half ago, and still nothing.

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

with respect though, you should not be relying on a home broadband product for business purposes. there are no business level SLAs in place.

a business should always have a backup plan to cover any eventualities.

you do seem to have some sort of internet access at the moment, so maybe you should try to use that for your business purposes tonight so that you don't lose hundreds of pounds.

0 Kudos
kevers2000
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm messaging from the WiFi at my shop at the moment. I work from home on the evening as I need to contact my account managers and customers abroad.

If I have to sit at my shop 24/7 then I miss out on spending time with my kids.

With respect, please don't message unless you have something constructive to say.  You have been about as helpful as Virgin have all year.

At the end of the day, all I want is the service I'm paying for, regardless of what I need it for that's the most important thing.

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it was constructive, you just didn't understand it as being that.
0 Kudos