cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick start broadband not working

cmd1980
Tuning in

Just moved and  replaced a previously owned router that was working with a hub 5 that now doesn’t work . Called and it said that quick start equip is activated and auto hangs up. Found a way of speaking to someone who says sometimes you have to wait 24 hrs ? Is that right ? Router sets up 5.0 with flashing blue light then solid white . Can connect to router but says no internet. Hit reset at bottom . Switched off for ten minutes .Still no internet  Has this happened to anyone else ? Am I being impatient ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It could also be disconnected in the street cabinet. Sounds like you need a technician to check. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It could also be disconnected in the street cabinet. Sounds like you need a technician to check. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cmd1980 

Looking through today's posts it appears that VM activations aren't currently working.

Hopefully the VM systems will kick in fully tomorrow and complete the activation, however if doesn't, then call the activation team on 0800 953 9500 to activate the hub

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

cmd1980
Tuning in

The Internet switched on around 11pm after another router turn off and on for 10 mins. They did say their systems were down so very relieved its now working. Was strange as the white light was on so it showed internet on the line. Lets hope it holds now. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yayyy.  

Thanks for updating the thread @cmd1980 

Fingers crossed you have no further problems, but if you do just holler.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali