cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question what wifi speeds are you getting on 2.4ghz band (m350 or m500)

CerealKiller
Tuning in

Hi

I’m interested in what speeds you are getting on m350 and m500 and what router you are using. I was on m300 recently with hub 3 and the speeds for 2.4ghz were over 300mb. I’m also using an ASUS AC2900 in modem mode 

I upgraded to m500 recently but still kept with my hub3 and was getting 500mb with 2.4ghz 

My connection on my Asus for some reason stopped working the other night so I installed the new hub5. I’m now only getting just over 100mb on 2.4ghz. I’m testing the speed on my iPhone 12 regularly. It’s extremely frustrating 

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"was getting 500mb with 2.4ghz" you must have been on the 5GHz band to get that speed.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

cje85
Trouble shooter

Yeah 300Mb on 2.4Ghz isn't possible. Even 100Mb is a struggle on that band.

Ok I have read mixed reports about this. 

I was definitely on 2.4ghz for my phone as I know what wifi name I use for that. I did quite a few speed tests. I was going in the 100s 

in fact I never got just a 100mb on either bands. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Then either your speed tests were inaccurate or you are defying the laws of physics 😎

Try them this way...

Test speeds on a browser - NOT - on any "App" - at

https://speedtest.samknows.com or https://www.speedtest.net/

Also try on 2 different browsers - as Chrome sometimes gives odd results.

Here are mine on Firefox at Samknows  on the 2.4 band and then flicked onto the 5GHz band - sat in the same spot close to the router...

samknows 2.4GHz.png

samknows 5GHz.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.