cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps5 keeps disconnecting from lan

Erkelly
Joining in

I’m getting sick and tired of being in a game and for about 2 minutes “lan cable not connected” then “lan cable connected” 

keeps booting me from games the connection is so unstable. 

Constant every day yet I pay £62 a month for this garbage 

15 REPLIES 15

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Do other devices drop as well?

Have you tried a different cable?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Tried 2 cables. No other devices drop. Except when I had my PS4 I had the same issue. 

Have you tried a different port? Are you wired direct to the hub or via a powerline plug?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Yes, still no joy. An engineer come and fixed a faulty wire a few months ago but still having the same problem. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If other devices are working OK, that does rather point to the PS5 being at fault.  Have you tried it at another location? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Had this issue with the PS4 as well. So it could be something to do with virgin and the PlayStation network or settings. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If this was a Virgin problem there would be lots of complaints like yours.

Can you try it at another location? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Nope - lots of people play PS with no issues on Virgin

The engineer last time replaced a wire from where it come into the house into the splitter and also replaced the splitter. He said it was dropping out from the splitter to the router, I believe this still could be the issue or a fault with the line.