cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically or Timed Reboot of Hub 4?

Juglugs
Tuning in

Hi,

I was told that good practice for the Hub 4 is to reboot it very 4 weeks or so to clear caches and force updates.

Is there a way to set a schedule for automatically rebooting for such things? I can't see anything in the settings.

And, if not, is there a CLI command that can be sent, e.g. via a script, to reboot it?

Kind regards

Mark

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Perhaps a digital mains timer to power cycle it once a day. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"I was told that good practice for the Hub 4"

Total misinformation, I presume this was from offshore customer service. There should never be any need to reboot your hub if your connection is ok, I have only ever rebooted my hubs when I have changed my internal network.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Why would you bring up "offshore" CS in your response??

It was the guy who installed the hub (very onshore and very Anglo-Saxon) who had said that sometimes they need a restart to force the firmware upgrade. I can see the logic in that.

Bloody good idea! 💡 I'll probably go for a smart switch in my connected home that I can set for a monthly power cycle.

Offshore CS requesting a VOIP customer restart the Hub is a quick way to close the call with customer rang off !

Firmware updates are pushed out to running Hubs.  Restarting the Hub only reloads the speed profile.