cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Will-fi Hub 4

kesramanujam
Joining in

I have been on holiday but on returning found that the Wi-fi is not working properly. The Amazon fire stick right next to it works but any thing outside seems very poor. No connection to my computer next door. The Ethernet does not seem to work either. I cannot connect my modem to the app even though the signal appears strong. Was working perfectly before my 10 day sojourn. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

g0akc
Problem sorter

You could have a quick look with a free Wi-Fi analyser app (not the VM one) to see if any neighbours channels are now clashing with yours - but you say Ethernet isn't working properly either.

There was a national outage on VM, might that have affected anything?  Software update perhaps?

I'd try rebooting the hub (power off/on).  If that doesn't fix it try a 60 second press of the pinhole reset button.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

g0akc
Problem sorter

You could have a quick look with a free Wi-Fi analyser app (not the VM one) to see if any neighbours channels are now clashing with yours - but you say Ethernet isn't working properly either.

There was a national outage on VM, might that have affected anything?  Software update perhaps?

I'd try rebooting the hub (power off/on).  If that doesn't fix it try a 60 second press of the pinhole reset button.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!