cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with WIFI and no way to get it resolved

SimonDavies
Just joined

I am wring out of utter frustration, my WIFI has worked well for 2.5 years. Now my Vergin business WIFI keeps dropping out, which has affected my business over the last 7 days. We have been running a lot of the days on our phone hot spots. I have phoned the technical department and they say it has been working fine, they then transferred me to the sales team. The sales person that then said I was in the wrong place and  then cut me off.  I phone back the customer complaints team whom could not offer to send an engineer out or send me a new router. He left me with three options:-

1. Leave Vergin
  2. Buy a new router but could not sell me one (plus you cannot buy one on the open market)
  3. Transfer me back to the fault team
  4. Buy a WIFI Booster (The Computer is only 5 feet from the WIFI hub and it has work well for 2.5 years)

He transferred me to the Fault Team, which then they cut me off. So I am not feeing l like a valued customer. I do feel a bit trapped that my business is going to suffer and cannot find a way out. I have been told I

• cannot buy a new router
  • Upgrade
  • Pay for an engineer visit to sort the problem out

I do not know what my option are, can you please ask someone with authority to contact me to fix this situation APSP. It is not right that and the regulator will frown on your organisation not supporting small business.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is a Residential package community forum and VM will not comment on any a Business package issues. Someone else will be able to add some input - see this other thread where a VBM customer is currently getting input

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/VMB-Desperation/td-p/4858471

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SimonDavies, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here although as mentioned by jbrennand, we're not able to help with Business queries. 

To get official support I would recommend speaking to the Business Teams using these contact details: Virgin Media Business - Contact Us

Take care and hopefully things will be resolved soon for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"The Computer is only 5 feet from the WIFI hub" then why not plug it in with an Ethernet cable?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Tudor wrote:

"The Computer is only 5 feet from the WIFI hub" then why not plug it in with an Ethernet cable?

Maybe it don't have one some new laptops don't which is pointless but someone thought it was a good idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

USB to Ethernet adapters are very cheap.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2