Menu
MancDuane
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Super HUB 2

Anyone able to suggest where i request a replacement router as im constantly having to reboot due to losing internet connection.

Im a telecoms Engineer by trade so i have been trouble shooting and the only thing left is swapping out the Virgin router. I know this cant be done with any other router without having the Virgin router being in modem mode but that kinda defeats the object.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as its becoming more of a regular thing now

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Super HUB 2

Hello MancDuane

Sorry you are having problems, at the moment the hub is reporting as being continuously online for the last 9 days, all levels in spec with no errors. Is this a wireless problem do you think? This Article may be worth bearing in mind if you have an Apple device, also the hub is reported that you have specified an overlapping channel 9 on the 2.4Ghz band so may be worth bearing in mind.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Legend
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Super HUB 2

@MancDuane wrote:

Anyone able to suggest where i request a replacement router as im constantly having to reboot due to losing internet connection.

Im a telecoms Engineer by trade so i have been trouble shooting and the only thing left is swapping out the Virgin router. I know this cant be done with any other router without having the Virgin router being in modem mode but that kinda defeats the object.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as its becoming more of a regular thing now

I appreciate your reluctance to use your own router but really it is the best solution - even with  a Hub3 replacement you will get superior wifi with your own router connected to the  Hub's modem and work your way around any wifi issues far better than you can on the Hub.

Remember that VM (and all other BB suppliers) don't guarantee wifi connection quality and speeds (just over ethernet) because as you well know it can be affected by many factors in the local environment.  Hence their reluctance (as Nicola as intimated) just to send out new routers to anyone with a wifi issue.  So you may have an uphill task convincing them to get one for free and you might have to shell out the replacement cost.  I would then say you would be far better spending that money on your own router as the SH2 modem is very capable - I get 220Mbp wifi on VIVID 200 with my Airport Extreme hooked up to one.

But if you get a free Hub3 then well done

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos