forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Hanny73
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problems with 2.4 ghz

I can’t seem to connect to WiFi on my MacBook Pro any more. I have a hub 3.0. 
I have been onto Apple for 2 days trying to sort it out with them to see if it’s my computer but they say it’s not and works fine when I work at my office in town and if I hotspot. It’s only at home. It  must be to do with my broadband. My flatmate has a Mac and hers works fine on 5 ghz but she too can’t get 2.4ghz. My iPad is the same it works fine on 5ghz but not on 2.4. I have upgraded my system software, I have tried everything but ended up just being able to use the Ethernet only. Any help? I tried calling virgin media but they aren’t taking any calls and it’s an hour long wait if you do get through. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with 2.4 ghz

Why would you want to use the slower 2.4Ghz band?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Hanny73
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary, yes understandable but 2.4 ghz reaches further to my back bedroom and also because I have always only been able to get 2.4 ghz on my MacBook Pro so once that went it was the final goodbye for me on WiFi 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you changed the Wifi channels to less congested ones?

And is the 2.4Ghz set to N only or b/g/n ?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Hanny73
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary. 

Thanks for this. Yes i believe that this is the answer however I have no idea how to do this on a mac or how to find out the answer to the second part of your question. Could you send me a link or describe? Thanks. 

0 Kudos