cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting own Asus router to Hub 3 in modem mode

TelexStar
Joining in

Hi,

I'm new to the boards.  I got connected with VM today and I want to use my own router (Asus AC2900).  I put the VM hub 3 into modem mode and got the magenta light on the front but I don't seem to be getting a connection through to my own router.

The Asus is connected to LAN port 1 on the VM hub.  The other end is in the WAN port of the Asus (although I have tried the LAN ports as well to no avail).

I configured the WAN port on the Asus to connect via Automatic IP but it reports that my "ISP is not running DHCP properly".

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lotharmat
Community elder
Try following this: Ensure your 3rd party router is off and start at step 5.

1. Navigate to 192.168.0.1
2. Log in to the Hub
3. Go to 'Modem mode' (on the left) and put the hub into modem mode
4. Wait until the bottom light on the Hub turns magenta / red (HUB 3) (can take about 5 minutes)
5. Turn off the Hub
6. Power on and set up your new router as per the manufacturers instructions
7. Plug an ethernet cable (usually supplied with the new router) from port 1 on the Hub into the WAN (usually blue) socket on the new Router
8. Power on the Hub and wait about 5-10 minutes until it stabilises - You should have internet!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

lotharmat
Community elder
Try following this: Ensure your 3rd party router is off and start at step 5.

1. Navigate to 192.168.0.1
2. Log in to the Hub
3. Go to 'Modem mode' (on the left) and put the hub into modem mode
4. Wait until the bottom light on the Hub turns magenta / red (HUB 3) (can take about 5 minutes)
5. Turn off the Hub
6. Power on and set up your new router as per the manufacturers instructions
7. Plug an ethernet cable (usually supplied with the new router) from port 1 on the Hub into the WAN (usually blue) socket on the new Router
8. Power on the Hub and wait about 5-10 minutes until it stabilises - You should have internet!

Perfect! Thank you, that worked!

Brilliant - glad to help!

Hi TelexStar, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you were having an issue with your connection but it's great to see that lotharmat was able to offer some help to get you up and running. 

If you have any further issues, don't hesitate to come back to the Community. Whilst our support will be limited due to the use of a third party router, the Community itself is full of people with a vast range of technical tips and hints. 

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs