cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems S61 area again

jasmond
Tuning in

For the last 3 days signal strength has been dropping low and off  After pressing check my system it yet again says there are problems in this area  AGAIN 

Only a couple of weeks since last problem that kept going on 2 weeks 

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jasmond,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you may be experiencing another outage.

We can understand the frustration and inconvenience this ongoing issue may have caused. I have had a look into this for you and I can see there is currently an SNR outage that may be affecting your service. You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you. The current estimated fixed date is 11 OCT 2023 09:00. Please let us know if the issue persists after this and we will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you I eventually got a reply on chat This problem was on last month and even though they kept texting saying engineer is on it it never has been sorted  he also gave me the 11th but this was never sorted last month it all started happening 3 days after the termination of tv and phone package ended  I spoke to the engineer I saw outside on the box last month and they had no idea where the fault was.   Jack

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that, jasmond.

I've taken a look at things on our side, and can see that the fault has now been identified and resolved. For clarity, are you still experiencing issues with your service?

Some faults, primarily SNR (Signal-To-Noise), can make it extremely difficult to locate the source. It is very similar to trying to have a conversation with someone in a noisy environment like a crowded room. If the noise level is too high, you may not be able to hear what the other person is saying clearly, and you may have to ask them to repeat themselves several times.

When there is a signal-to-noise issue, this means it's difficult for our services to distinguish what is your signal, and unwanted noise (such as a neighbours signal).

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ