Menu
RockerSBM
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problem using Superhub in modem mode

Hi virgin 

after a few weeks of using modem mode with new firmware my connection started to seem bad things are timing out on Xbox with the servers and drop outs.

I put the hub back in router mode and things are back to how they should be

but in modem mode having problems and I don’t know why is there a bug in the modem side? Was ok for weeks then started playing up when trialling it. 

This is why virgin should vote again for customers who want modem only I’m happy to test a modem only and report back to you guys.

cheers 

shaun

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem using Superhub in modem mode

Hi 

can someone test the connection gets bad with things loading and that had 7T3 timeouts on each upstream channel which i got told the upgrade in the area was done in July is this right? 

cheers

shaun 

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@RockerSBM

Hey Shaun, have run a few checks on your Hub and local network segment and all looks in good shape apart from occasional peak time demand that could have an impact on headline speeds possibly.

Nothing apparent to explain the modem mode problems mentioned and no further T3 errors showing this end ....yep node/reseg upgrades were completed in the summer.

Just let us know if you're still having problems and we'll investigate further.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ralph

Cheers for that. i thought the upgrades was for the speed to take the load so i could move from 200 meg to 350 meg? 

Like virgin media putting price up again they should only put price up to the people whats on 350 meg not people still waiting and to get put upto it and peak time problems still,

Cheers

Shaun 

0 Kudos