cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem, reported as 'interference'

jandacooper
Up to speed

Hi all. Over the last two weeks or so, my connection speed via wifi seems to have slowed, tested this am at 26 up, 10 down. I'm on M250. The hub test and reset process, done several times tells me that all of my devices have connection problems and interference. I have not changed anything about the hub, or added any other kit/device that would interfere. When I retest the hub via here, the problem persists, then I'm asked to login via myvirginmedia, which in turn reports "sorry, we are unable to test your equipment right now" or something very similar.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Call 0800 561 0061 this automated service has the best reports of local VM faults.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

28 REPLIES 28

Client62
Legend

Call 0800 561 0061 this automated service has the best reports of local VM faults.

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @jandacooper,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Having looked into the systems I don't see any issues affecting your services, have you given the Hub a full reboot? You do this by switching it off on the back of the Hub, waiting about 10 seconds, then switching it back on and waiting for the Hub lights to settle back to their on state.

If you can try this and let us know if the issue still persists, alternatively you can run your own troubleshooting here.

Thanks. Joe

Hi.

Well, I've tried the reset a number of times, restarted all the appliances after updating, checked the phone line for local outages, and gone to sleep confused. Since that, retesting the speeds via speedtest shows improvement, and things do seem to load at better speeds. We will see how it goes.

Thanks for the help all.

I was offline at 6.30 am, then back by 9, and normal. Now I have 4Mbps/0Mbps on speed test.

Virgin testing via the site is not working.

Same situation today (5th April) Up/Down tests now 4.75/0.32, and my hub appears to have just reset itself without reference to me.
Any suggestions?

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (If you get an error - just click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Not as easy as it seems. Went to the first IP address, and the page asked me to confirm the language I wanted to use, then insisted I sign in to my HUB4 using the password. This page then came up.

Your Hub 4 status

Wireless(On (2.4 and 5 GHz))
 Internet(Online)
 Telephony(ready)

I can't seem to be able to copy the page screenshot here. The text is in green. I also see quick setup wizards, and my connected device, all shown as Green/connected. Does this help at all?

Collecting the monitor data now, will post later.

I have set up the monitor as requested, although nothing is recorded at all from the left axis so far.

The test facility on the VM site still reports that it can't test. (Inadvertent BOLD)