Menu
AnnGora
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problem accessing MS Teams school account via WiFi

Since schools closed in Lockdown we have had repeated problems accessing MS Teams on iPad and Mac.  We repeatedly get the message "Connect to Internet to continue" when I am already connected to the internet and all access to all other apps and websites are working normally.

When VM runs a test on the hub they say it needs rebooting. I have rebooted it and reset it numerous times.  Other members of my family do not have this problem accessing Teams on iPad via a VM hub.

Do you think I should ask VM for a new hub?  Is that where the fault is?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem accessing MS Teams school account via WiFi

What happens on the Mac when you connect to the Hub by ethernet cable - is there still a problem?

If you dont know can you try it on a test Teams meeting so we can see whether its just a wifi issue that a new Hub wont help

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@AnnGora wrote:

Since schools closed in Lockdown we have had repeated problems accessing MS Teams on iPad and Mac.  We repeatedly get the message "Connect to Internet to continue" when I am already connected to the internet and all access to all other apps and websites are working normally.

When VM runs a test on the hub they say it needs rebooting. I have rebooted it and reset it numerous times.  Other members of my family do not have this problem accessing Teams on iPad via a VM hub.

Do you think I should ask VM for a new hub?  Is that where the fault is?

Do you have child / web safe enabled? Teams may be classed as a chat app 

0 Kudos
AnnGora
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi tehwolf

I had a look at the child safe settings and enabled the chat button.  Seems to have worked for now.  Many thanks

AnnGora