cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer connection

Harry81
Tuning in

I have a new Hub5 installed and set up. I am unable to locate air printer even though my printer is on wifi. My iPads does not recognise my Canon printer. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Final comment on this topic ...

If the Canon printer does not connect via WPS,

connect the printer to the Hub with network cable,

the iPhone will find the printer in that configuration.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

34 REPLIES 34

Don’t understand the response given.

Client62
Legend

Login to the Hub 5's menus and check both the iPad and the Canon printer are connected via WiFi 

Having same problem with a Canon Primax printer. My iPad doesn’t recognise the printer

Hi there @Harry81, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry about the confusion with the post. What is it you don't understand? Please let us know. We will be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

My iPad does not recognise my canon printer.  My iPad is connected to wifi, the printer is connected to wifi but when I try to send to printer, iPad cannot connect find the printer. I have one of virgin’s Hub5 installed last Monday. Prior to this everything worked fine.

Can you help. Thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Harry81!

Can you please confirm if you've been able to follow the advice issued to you from @Client82, to confirm that the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi services? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I have checked and printer doesn’t seem to be on wifi even though the little blue light on the printer shows it is. Thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Harry81 wrote:

I have checked and printer doesn’t seem to be on wifi even though the little blue light on the printer shows it is. Thanks

Have you tried resetting the printer's network settings then repeating the printer setup process with the new Hub 5 wifi?

You may wish to consider temporarily turning off the 5GHz wifi on the Hub 5 while you do the printer setup process (as the printer will most probably only work on 2.4GHz and may not like the combined SSID from the Hub 5)

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You need to use the hub in modem mode and get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------