cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre and post RS Errors since 13th of July

Shaf786
On our wavelength

Hi I don't know if anyone can help have been on gig1 fibre for over a year and since the 13th of July was gaming all of a sudden i start lagging and cant even connect to anything I have started seeing a lot of Pre and post RS Errors, before this connection has been stable and never had any problems can anyone help as not looking to ring support at they are a waste of time and will make me do pointless things before getting and an engineer out. Also run the hub 4 in modem mode with my own router Asus Ax11000 which isn't the problem. first image you can see loads of pre Rs and post errors on second image i refreshed data and almost no errors and SNR all-around 40db  were as in first picture some are in low 30db

Thanks 

Shaf

First imageFirst imageSecond Image after i refreshedSecond Image after i refreshed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a BQM running? If so, can you post a link to your live graph please?

If not, I'd recommend setting one up. Takes all of 5-10minutes and provides good 24/7 monitoring of your connection - highlighting any issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a BQM running? If so, can you post a link to your live graph please?

If not, I'd recommend setting one up. Takes all of 5-10minutes and provides good 24/7 monitoring of your connection - highlighting any issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Shaf786, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your services. 

Taking a look at your account, I can see there is a pro-longed signal issue so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SHaf786,

Thanks for coming back to via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Shaf786
On our wavelength
Thank You
Shaf

No problem at all Shaf 🙂

Take care and enjoy your weekend. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Shaf786
On our wavelength

Hi

had the engineer visit 3 weeks ago he was very helpful checked everything, he said everything looked fine other then I had an forward pass attenuator which he told me isn't used no more on gig1 fibber so he removed it. But i am still having problems with the speed fluctuating at times to the point web pages taking ages to load. the post rs errors on downstream channels 1-9 are so bad screenshot provided 

Thanks

Shaf

Web capture_11-8-2021_223030_192.168.100.1.jpegWeb capture_11-8-2021_222849_192.168.100.1.jpegWeb capture_11-8-2021_22323_192.168.100.1.jpeg 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Shaf,

You need to copy paste that stats from your hub rather than take screen shots so the tech guru's can actually see what's going on

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Shaf786
On our wavelength

Sorry what stats are you regarding to the network logs as there is nothing showing anymore yesterday there were ton load of errors on it, also bare in mind i use the hub 4 in modem only mode always have.

Thanks

Shaf

PS 

Also getting this when running test on VM website I'm not going mad as I've had the gig1 fibre over a year with no problems 

Web capture_12-8-2021_112944_my.virginmedia.com.jpeg

Thanks for coming back to us @Shaf786.

I have been looking into your account and can see that you have been able to get a technician booked in to resolve the problems.

Please let us know how the visit goes and if your issues are finally fixed.

Regards,

Steven_L