cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Install nightmare

emlord
Tuning in

Hi all, 

I have recently moved into a new address. Prior to moving (4 weeks prior) I called VM and asked to cancel their services, he gave me a better deal and said it would be easier for me to take my equiptment and stay with VM, they were due to set up on the 2nd March, the day after I moved it, perfect!

No email or anything came after this phone call. I rang back up 2 weeks to move date, they had no record of this. They said we have to move it to the 6th. Annoying but ok. Waited in all day on the 6th and no one came. No one rang. Nothing. EVERY time something has gone wrong no one has called or communicated anything with me.

After this, I rang up and they said the outside work hasn't been done yet, and they have moved my install date from 2nd March to 31st. Every time I ring up and ask if the install outside has been done it is due to be done 'today' and is never done. I feel like its just never going to get done, and no one has given me a reason to why it hasn't been completed? 

I understand there can be delays but I first rang up VM and booked this in nearly 1.5 months ago.

I have raised complaints and asked for the area field manager to ring me twice which they never have done.

Any help would be appreciated. 

E

16 REPLIES 16

Hi there,

Pre-pull has not been completed. I believe they have only just asked the council for permission so I am expecting to wait several weeks longer.

We have been given a sim with unlimited data, however it is not quick enough to work from home on. Is it possible to get a dongle?

Thanks

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @emlord

Thanks for popping back on here, 

from looking at the account I can see that it has been pushed back just so they can carry out more checks, however, I have also seen that our team have spoken to you today.

Did this get sorted for you? 

If not we are more than happy to assist you, just let us know 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

A dongle is just a carrier for the sim to connect direct via usb. Its no quicker

I am now experiencing this same issue. Installation was booked for today however the pre pull had not been done and so we are left without any services. No one has offered anything temporary to help us until the supposed earliest date of the 2nd September (though was also told the pre pull was dated for the 9th??), which is frustrating as we both need internet for our work and have churned through our mobile data (including my 40gb from EE!) so are now going to be stuck without anything.

It's so disappointing as when I've had VM in the past it's brilliant, but looks like I'll have to cancel and go ahead with the offer from Sky...

Hi! 
I was waiting for WiFi for months with this issue and it was never sorted. In the end I went with EE who have been great and sorted it out quickly. Would recommend cutting your losses and going elsewhere for sure! 

anytime a pre pull is involved it seems to be a nightmare. Hope this helps 🙂 

Thanks for the tip, I'll speak with EE in the morning as I've used them for years! Such a shame as VM services are really good, they just don't want to let us use them 😅

Hi Pcpirate, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with getting your services installed. 

We are more than happy to take a look at this for you to see what's going on and when we are able to resolve things. In order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. 
I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs