cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerline flashing red

Jhope
Joining in

The powerline in one of the bedrooms is now flashing red. Nothing has changed recently, it was all set up over a year ago. Everything else in the house works fine. 

I am not very good with technology and have no idea what to do! 

5 REPLIES 5

gnome
Dialled in

turn them both off and then turn the one nearest the router on first, then the other and press the buttons to resync if it doesn't do it 

Thanks for the advice. I only have 1 adaptor in the house. what is it I'm meant to be syncing?

now I am confused.

Powerline feeds the network signal into the mains electricity circuit and then pulls it out where you want the network to continue.

So you need 2 powerline plugs, one to put the signal into the electricity circuit and the other plugged in to pull it out (simplified explanation)

Router----------Powerline plug ==============powerline plug------------PC that needs network connection

------------   is an ethernet cable

=======  is the house electricity cable (ring main)

If you only have one plugged in then you need another plugged in to get the network out. To make it work, the 2 plugs sync with each other (green light) so they can pass the network signal between themselves. If one cannot find the other then you get a red light for no network.

What is the one you have connected to/used for

I had a look, you can tell I have no idea what I am doing hahahah. I found them both and did what you said and that has worked. Thank you so much, you are a superstar!!!!

happy to help and I hope you found the explanation understandable and not condescending