cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerline Adapter Not Working

Drumbrae53
Tuning in

Hello. I have a TP link powerline installed into my garden office....it worked perfectly up until we installed a new hub 5 router last week. Now I've got continual drop outs, especially via the powerline which is plugged directly in the router. Any clues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since getting my hub 5 I have problems with my devolo plugs. Again hub and devices have all.been pinhole reset but same issues. These were faultless with my hub 3.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Pinhole reset the powerline adapters and set them up again from scratch

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for that suggestion. Sadlly hasn't made any difference. ☹️

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Drumbrae53.

hanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with  TP link Powerline adapter. 

Have you been able to get this resolved since your last [post?

Gareth_L

Hi there. No, still having issues. It drops periodically throughout the day. Funnily enough, the exact same time today as yesterday.

Thanks for coming back to us Drumbrae53,

We do apologise that this issue has not resolved itself, even after a pin hole reset.

Remotely looking from our end, we can see that you have already contacted our team and an engineer's appointment has been arranged for you.

Please can you keep us posted with how this visit goes?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Yes- still not fixed, and engineer call hasn't materialised. Giving up now, you are as well coming to collect your boxes. No good to me if they don't work, and you have had 14 days to resolve now. Luckily I've cancelled during cooling off period via WhatsApp 

Since getting my hub 5 I have problems with my devolo plugs. Again hub and devices have all.been pinhole reset but same issues. These were faultless with my hub 3.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

Yup. The powerline is a bit of a red herring I think. It drops in the house, but more annoying because I'm trying to work via the powerline....defo something up with the hub. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and for updating us on what has happened Drumbrae53. 

We are very sorry to hear the visit has not gone ahead as planned, we appreciate this must be frustrating. 

So that we may be able to look in to this further for you, I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat