cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power brick for HUB 3.0

Catson
Tuning in

My router died today,

after inspecting turned out cable somehow is damaged inside, and only works when bent in certain way. little move and it doesnt again.

How and where i can get new brick.

6 REPLIES 6

ronniea
Joining in

i suggest to buy an your router privately as these hubs are base models. Of course you wont technical help from Virgin but will get a far superior hub with great internet through Virgin.

I have my own router, i'm only using virgin hub as a modem.

And what broken, is power brick cable, and thats all i need to replace.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You must use the Hub - even with your own router - as a modem.  To get a new power supply....

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Catson

Welcome back to the forums and tank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with power bank for your hub3. 

As a few days have passed since you have posted, have you managed to get this resolved with our customer care team? If not I can get this sent out for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Yes, managed to contact vm and received rrplacement

Glad to hear that @Catson.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L