Menu
Harty2018
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Power Level

Hi, had an engineer at my property this morning as there was an issue with my upstream power levels. Nothing could be done by the engineer and it had to be raised to the network team as it was area wide. It seems the upstream is now back in range as it was 54-57dBmV . 

Upsteam figures

Power Level (dBmV)42.5042.0042.2541.75

Above is what it is now. However, looking at the downstream this now seems far to high I think it should be between -7dBmV & 7dBmV

Downstream figures 

Power Level (dBmV)13.7313.8313.9214.0314.1214.0614.02

This is after the upstream fix it seems way to high? Advice please as I am getting very annoyed with having to contact VM over and over again.

All answers are advice and you heed my advise at your own risk
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Power Level

Yes, the downstream figures are too high. The engineer should have checked this before leaving. You'll have to call for another visit.

0 Kudos
Harty2018
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power Level

Thank you jpeg1 I have contacted them this morning in ref to this and have an engineer coming out again tomorrow. The Local engineer raised the job to Network, the upstream issue was area wide. I was told they will fix it and scan my modem remotely to check all was ok. They fixed my upstream and broke my downstream, I have raised a compliant in ref to this. I have said if your Network team fixed my upstream and scanned my Modem why was my high downstream not picked up and dealt with then rather than having to send another Engineer. It is getting really silly now, fix it first time and then I won't have to keep calling.

All answers are advice and you heed my advise at your own risk
0 Kudos