cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Feb 15th Hub 4 Update Issue

alphaomega16
Up to speed

Has anybody that received an update to their hub recently also lost the ability for any errors to be seen, ever since the update the constant daily minimal pre errors on downstream have read 0 every single time I have checked and on the upstream the counters are not going up either but t3 timeouts are indicated in the network log.

Not sure if any other hub types have been updated recently but I received an update to the Hub 4 on the 15th and it has been power cycled since then before the timeouts occurred on the upstream where it will not register.

I am not sure how VM handle updates whether its by area, hub model or a combination of the two.

21 REPLIES 21

ndfred
Tuning in

I believe I have seen that too: terrible packet loss in the past 2 days, but pre-rs and post-rs are solid 0 when they have never been before.

In addition to that, we have this really strange issue where since yesterday, I am seeing heavy packet loss from 1AM on. Contact Virgin Media and they see nothing on their end. Reset the router and it works fine until 1AM the next day.

Good to know its not just me, ive had 2 t3 timeouts since I rebooted the hub but neither are showing.

I think the one doing the firmware is having a bit of fun.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Nigel1971
Superfast

Same here, all 0 on the error count and my monitor is just showing Red ever since.

——————————————— My Broadband Ping - Virgin 500mb Home Connection

To fix that red bit I keep having to go to firewall and disabling then re-enabling port scan detection ( I have always kept it on so toggle off then on) and that fixes it for a little while but its 50/50 to whether it decides to stick.

Edit

LOL Just checked my graph again and I got that same down spike you have just after midnight

alphaomega16_0-1677026420205.png

Getting same here with spikes of packet loss around midnight, but also massive packet loss at other times, having been posting about it for weeks, but being ignored by VM.

Current BQM

BC11C9CC-17E7-4C91-9EA9-FFE5D2C81229.jpeg

A Previous BQM in the last few days

6B6099DC-C817-4E46-85A5-2D97F943F5EF.jpeg
clearly something going on with network, engineer has been out and checked all connections, tested cabling, the Hub was replaced a few weeks ago, old WiFi extenders removed, splitters changed, he said there was nothing else he could do and said it was almost certainly a network issue.

Martin

Same here but on a hub 5. Same time around 11pm last night. Nothing Iogs or counts. Also one amount 12.30 yesterday showing t3 timeouts in log but nothing else recorded. So not.just hub 4 also hub 5 showing same pattern

I have been in  touch with forum peeps and they saw nothing amiss yesterday's spike.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@fizz wrote:

Same here but on a hub 5. Same time around 11pm last night. Nothing Iogs or counts. Also one amount 12.30 yesterday showing t3 timeouts in log but nothing else recorded. So not.just hub 4 also hub 5 showing same pattern

I have been in  touch with forum peeps and they saw nothing amiss yesterday's spike.

everyone had that

---------------------------------------------------------------

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @alphaomega16 ,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your service since the hub upgrade. I can understand the frustration caused and want to do our best to help. I have had a look into your service and everything seems in order in terms of hub data. How has the service been since posting? Are you still having these issues? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs