cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly Hub Issue

MartJ
Rising star

I have had to reboot hub a few times due to wifi issues again, I had the hub replaced a beginning of January everything OK until 16 January, looking at my BQM I notice that the dropped packets have taken over the Hub so to speak.

This was as it was yesterday

MartJ_0-1674593146100.png

This as it is now

MartJ_1-1674593325828.png

Rebooted Hub on 17, the redness retuned on 18, rebooted on 19th when I noticed issue again, then rebooted again late on 22, but issue back today.

We are also seeing buffering on our Amazon Firestick when streaming, plus to random wifi disconnections, not as many as previously.

Any thoughts as to why I am seeing this problem? Do I have to reboot everyday?

Martin
49 REPLIES 49

After a day of fairly few issues, the Red Wall of packet loss returned last night around 10pm, using anything on 5ghz network is either slow or cannot attach.

BQM

6081F84F-0F61-4D76-AA1E-AA57A612BE42.jpeg

Network Log

Time Priority Description

Thu Feb
6DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg640-bbt076-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Feb
4DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Feb
3No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Martin

MartJ
Rising star

Can someone from VM take time to reply to this thread as I get the impression I am being ignored. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Possibly-Hub-Issue/td-p/5236955

Martin

Thank you for the update @MartJ 

I have run tests on your service and I can confirm, there are no local network issues that may be affecting your service. Looking at your hub data, your levels do appear out of sync. I am aware you recently had an appointment regarding this same issue. Are you happy for me to send you a private message to book this so we can get this properly resolved?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A

Yes by all means send a message, the engineer who visited on the 12th said everything checked out fine, including cables, connections etc, but if it takes another engineer visit to fix it then I happy to do so, as getting rather annoyed that this issue has been going on for some months now

Martin

Still waiting for promised PM

Martin

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you @MartJ 

Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Has been a week since the principal engineer has been, he again check all the connections, the cabinet and also replace Hub4 with a Hub5, a week has passed and no significant issues have occurred, very few dropouts, speed is much better even on mobile devices. I was able to split the SSIDs into 2.4 and 5 ghz, thus my smart plugs and 1t Series Amazon Echo are working fine.

Hopefully after 4 months of problems there will be no further issues. 

Martin

Hi @MartJ thanks for getting back to us.  

And thanks for updating us. I'm really pleased to hear that the service has improved. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

Just a further update, since the Hub 5 was installed performance has significantly improved across all devices, no longer seeing regular disconnects and WiFi calling on our mobiles is much improved. Yesterday’s incident was the only interruption in the 3 weeks since the engineers visit, having been in a similar situation when I was working in IT and we lost service to customers I can sympathise with what your staff must have gone through yesterday with the abuse from a small section of your customer base. 

Martin

Hi MartJ.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto the forums ☺.

Really glad to see it is all working better for you.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback!

If you ever need us. Just note we are one post away.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide