cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly Hub Issue

MartJ
Rising star

I have had to reboot hub a few times due to wifi issues again, I had the hub replaced a beginning of January everything OK until 16 January, looking at my BQM I notice that the dropped packets have taken over the Hub so to speak.

This was as it was yesterday

MartJ_0-1674593146100.png

This as it is now

MartJ_1-1674593325828.png

Rebooted Hub on 17, the redness retuned on 18, rebooted on 19th when I noticed issue again, then rebooted again late on 22, but issue back today.

We are also seeing buffering on our Amazon Firestick when streaming, plus to random wifi disconnections, not as many as previously.

Any thoughts as to why I am seeing this problem? Do I have to reboot everyday?

Martin
49 REPLIES 49

Any VM Mod

SpeedTest done in last few minutes on my laptop

MartJ_0-1676743119121.png

There is clearly a problem of some sort and given all connections and cables have been tested by a VM Engineer and passed, the the issue would appear to be related to a network problem given the severe packet loss and the appalling bad speed on a 1gb connection. I will be rebooting the router for the 3rd time in last 5 days in order to temporarily clear the issue, but based on passed experience the issue will return.

Martin

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If you like your BQM not to go red randomly due to some reason with the hub in router mode use modem mode and get your own router with 1Gb ports.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I am paying VM enough to provide a service which I am not getting, I shouldn't have to fund my own router because VM appear incapable of resolving a problem that has been going on for at least 3 months. If VM are prepared to reimburse me for the router or permanently halve the broadband cost then I might consider it.

Martin

To VM Mods

Todays news on the "Red Wall"

I rebooted hub at around 7:30am this morning, but by 9:30am it had returned, so only got a short period of respite. I will once again reboot first thing tomorrow morning to see how long it lasts.

Network Logs showing messages from today and late Saturday

Network Log

Time Priority Description

Sun Feb
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: ; New Profile: 11.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sun Feb
5DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sun Feb
5MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sat Feb
6DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg640-bbt076-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sat Feb
4DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sat Feb
3No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sat Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

At the moment I am not getting the service I pay for or the response from VM to this issue/

Martin

The RedWall issue is clearly affecting broadband speed these are the results of a speed test in last few minutes via WiFi on my laptop, when working usually up around 300+mbps

This was speedtest done on Friday when there was no Red Wall

MartJ_0-1676844540939.png

Martin

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@MartJ wrote:

I am paying VM enough to provide a service which I am not getting, I shouldn't have to fund my own router because VM appear incapable of resolving a problem that has been going on for at least 3 months. If VM are prepared to reimburse me for the router or permanently halve the broadband cost then I might consider it.

Sure but unless the firmware is done by Steve Gibson the hub is going to be poor

Another day another Red Wall and another day with zero response from @VirginMedis.

Rebooted Hub4 at around 6:30 this morning, everything seemed OK, although response were slow, around 2:15 pm the “Red Wall” of packet loss reappeared, as I was out from 12:30 until just before 4pm, can’t be anything I did. 

This is BQM as it stands

MartJ_0-1676931664406.jpeg

Network log for today

Network Log

Time Priority Description

Mon Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
3No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: ; New Profile: 11.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
Mon Feb
5MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Had to switch to 2.4ghz in order to connect to WiFi, as 5ghz network is virtually unusable until I reboot for 5th time. 

I guess I will have to escalate this elsewhere as getting zero response from VM.

Martin

Checked BQM this morning, I noticed after I rebooted Hub at 11pm it was OK for a short period, then the Red Wall reappeared for a short period around midnight and then rectified its self.

52D5B875-A5DB-4007-8146-20BC71276008.jpeg

Martin

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Which would you rather

ICMP randomly blocks but you have internet
or
ICMP randomly blocks but you don't have internet

Interesting, the street in which the Cabinet is in has had 2 Virgin cabling engineers present all afternoon, is there something that VM are aware of but not telling customers about? 

Martin